Stuart Smith is a results-focused professional who has facilitated over 1000 meetings, workshops, planning sessions and retreats.
In addition to facilitating all types of decision-making, problem-solving and team building sessions, he has facilitated or co-facilitated seventeen strategic planning sessions over the past three years for business, government and not-for-profit clients.
Stuart began facilitating small-group leadership programs in the US Army. Now he focuses his facilitation and consultation on helping people and organizations improve their ability to plan and execute business improvement strategy and deal with change.
He has solid, “real world” experience leading large-scale change initiatives, helping organizations both install and realize the benefits of Customer Relationship Management and Enterprise Resource Planning technology systems.
He has an extensive training background and earned his Bachelor’s of Science in Workforce Education from Southern Illinois University (Carbondale) and a Master’s of Education from Seattle University. Stuart is a life-long learner and student of Dr. Edwards Deming’s Quality Philosophy. He has an in-depth understanding of Systems Theory and how people work most effectively in organizations.
Stuart believes that the “science and art” of facilitation is the most effective way to help people envision a preferred future and create a plan to achieve it. He has developed his facilitation skills over the past twenty-five years earning recognition in the field and attaining the following professional certifications:
- Certified Professional Facilitator (CPF), International Association of Facilitators
Stuart is also a well-rounded business leader and also holds certifications in the following professional fields:
- Senior Professional of Human Resources (SPHR), Society for Human Resource Management
- Certified Manager of Quality and Organizational Excellence (CMQOE) and Senior Manager, American Society for Quality (held since 2004 will recertify in 2012)
- Trained Six Sigma Champion (Smarter Solutions), Black and Green Belt (GA Tech)
- Trained Change Management Practitioner, Conner and Associates
He is a Board Member of the Atlanta Society for Human Resources (SHRM) and a member of SHRM national. He is active in the Southeast Association of Facilitators, the Association of Strategic Planners (ASP) and the American Society for Quality.
Stuart is also an active volunteer in his community and has facilitated pro-bono sessions for:
- The United Way Community Investment Process
- The Rotary Club of Rockdale County
- Mercy Heart Clinic, a healing ministry of Jesus Christ providing health care to those in need
- The Early Learning Initiative of Rockdale County, providing access to quality education
- The Rockdale County Chamber of Commerce – Community Leadership Program
Stuart is a Rotarian and lives by the Rotary Motto “Service Above Self.” He is a Paul Harris Fellow, has been awarded the Pat Adkins “Rotarian of the Year” and maintains perfect meeting attendance. Stuart is also a distinguished veteran and supports the Wounded Warrior program. He is involved in several Veterans organizations.