Are you ready to work for the leader in the facilitation industry?
Leadership Strategies – The Facilitation Company (www.leadstrat.com) is an Atlanta-based organization that has rapidly become the national leader in facilitation. We are the number one provider of facilitation training in the country with over 20,000 people trained in our flagship course, The Effective Facilitator. We also are the leading provider of professional facilitators—experts who lead executive groups through strategic planning, brainstorming, issue resolution, team building, and other critical sessions.
We are seeking a rare individual to lead our training and facilitation group as a Senior Training Facilitator based in Atlanta.
The ideal candidate will be both a superb instructional designer as well as a top-class training facilitator who can design, deliver, and coach others to deliver, highly interactive and engaging training material. This person will have responsibility for managing relationships with, and ensuring quality performance from, our 20+ core team contractors. Over time, this person is expected to become a member of the organizations Leadership Team. With salary and incentives, the successful candidate can expect $110-$140K the first year.
Note: There is a specific application process as defined at the end of this job description.
As our Senior Training Facilitator, you will be responsible for the following.
1. Training and certification
- Serve as an instructor for public (open enrollment) and private (onsite) courses. Your initial focus will be the facilitation series, which includes The Effective Facilitator—the #1 facilitation training course in the nation. Over time you will also become proficient in each of our major facilitation and strategy related courses, including The Facilitative Consultant, Facilitation for Trainers, and the Secrets to Facilitating Strategy.
- Certify others to teach our courses, including core contractors and clients who license our materials.
- Maintain processes to ensure the ongoing quality performance of our 20+ core team contractors.
2. Relationship management
- Host monthly calls with facilitators to build community, enhance skills, and address issues.
- Maintain one-on-one relationships with core team members.
- Serve as the voice of facilitators inside the company to represent the interests and needs of our core contractors.
3. Product and instructional design
- Serve as the primary designer, developer and maintainer of our suite of courses.
- Oversee development and customization projects which includes development work done by others.
- Recommend directions for the curriculum to take to maintain our position as the leading content provider in the field.
- As appropriate, lead facilitated sessions for clients in such areas as strategic planning, project planning, process improvement, issue resolution, requirements analysis and community engagement.
5. Sales and marketing
- Lead monthly webinars to raise awareness of our offerings.
- Provide leads to the sales team related to opportunities uncovered with existing clients.
- Develop, maintain and follow-up on relationships at the executive level to strengthen our connection with major clients.
- Assist in sales calls and developing proposals.
- Establish a long-term vision for training services and how this area will contribute strongly to the success of the business.
- Work with the leader of facilitation services in selecting and developing employee and contract facilitators.
- Support the other areas of the organization through expertise in strategy, internal process improvement, etc.
- Serve as a member of the Leadership Team (over time).
- Complete client billing and expense reports in a timely fashion.
- Provide support in other areas as assigned.
- Travel (Note that this position typically requires 6-12 days a month of out of town travel. In most cases, there is additional pay for travel time.)