Inbound Marketing Specialist
Leadership Strategies is seeking a high energy, results-oriented Inbound Marketing Specialist to coordinate, implement, monitor, report on, and optimize various inbound marketing initiatives, including management of two corporate websites, marketing automation and online marketing programs for a fast-paced B2B training and consulting company. Graphic design of online and print-based content marketing assets will also be a core requirement.
This position will support the digital and marketing communications efforts of the company, work alongside the Associate Marketing Manager, and report to the Marketing Director. This position will also be asked to provide creative design services support for the organization’s Product Development team.
Note: There is a specific application process as defined at the end of this job description.
As our Inbound Marketing Specialist, you will be responsible for the following:
- Produce, distribute and coordinate direct email marketing campaigns, auto-responder emails, and lead nurture tracks
- Manage and update website assets, including developing necessary landing pages and related forms for inbound lead capture
- Execute graphic design website content (e.g., infographics, webinar slideware), content marketing (e.g., ebooks/guides, newsletters, etc.), and product courseware (printed manuals and classroom slideware)
- Work closely with external online marketing agency to support ongoing SEO/SEM programs, including search and display advertising creative, and relay monthly reports as needed
- Coordinate and execute webinars and webcasts with forward thinking towards podcasts, simulcasts, and virtual conferences
- Work alongside the Associate Marketing Manager around our content marketing calendar
- Capture key marketing performance metrics in monthly departmental reports
- Keep current with emerging online and inbound marketing technologies and better practices
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Three years of relevant digital marketing experience, including outbound email marketing, inbound marketing (esp. SEO/SEM), content marketing, marketing operations, and website management
- Intermediate to advanced design skills using Adobe Creative Cloud (CC, formerly Creative Suite), with a focus on InDesign CC
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office Suite, with a focus on PowerPoint design skills
- Experience utilizing and managing email/marketing automation technology (e.g., HubSpot, Pardot, ClickDimensions, etc.)
- Experience working with corporate websites – understanding of digital production and content management systems, with a focus on WordPress CMS
- Excellent presentation, research, and relationship management skills, with ability to articulate creative and technical concepts
- Ability to manage multiple, cross-functional projects simultaneously and meet deadlines, while maintaining a calm, positive attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate and interact with people at all levels
- Understanding of Google Analytics
- Extreme attention to detail and quality to maintain corporate standards
- Deep personal engagement in digital marketing and social media better practices
- Ability to co-manage relationships with external vendors
- Working knowledge of SEO desired, specifically keyword discovery, meta tags, content and page development, URL structure, linking strategy, landing pages, site indexing
- Strong working knowledge of email marketing, conversion marketing, and ecommerce best practices
- Understanding of social media management platforms (esp. HootSuite) and experience in social tactics and advertising, and related metrics
- Intermediate experience designing collateral material
- Moderate experience designing and producing webinars using common platforms (e.g., GoToWebinars, WebEx)
Leadership Strategies (www.leadstrat.com) is an Atlanta-based organization that has rapidly become the national leader in facilitation. We are the number one provider of facilitation training in the country with over 20,000 people trained in our flagship course, The Effective Facilitator. We also are the leading provider of professional facilitators—experts who lead executive groups through strategic planning, brainstorming, issue resolution, team building, and other critical sessions.
How to maximize your chance of landing this position
Provide a narrative letter that responds to the following. Send the letter with your resume to email@example.com.
1. Marketing Results
Indicate three examples of business results achieved as a result of your efforts
Provide two to three examples of your graphic design capabilities (PDFs or link(s) and one to two links to websites (URLs) you’ve managed.
Indicate your qualifications in the following areas:
- A minimum of 3 years in a full-time marketing-related role
- A minimum of 5 online marketing campaigns (e.g., lead generation and/or nurture campaigns, social media, etc.)
- Experience working with a small business under $10 million in revenue
2. Marketing Skills
Using a 1-to-5 scale, indicate your skill level (1=novice, 5=expert) in each of the following areas and describe the one in which you have the most interest in providing the day-to-day execution:
- Email marketing
- Website management
- Search engine optimization, online marketing, web analytics
- Social media
- Marketing content design and development
3. Your Coachability
Give us an example of a time when a person with authority over you coached you on your performance. Describe the symptoms that told the person that you needed coaching, and describe the steps the coach took. What evidence do you have that the coaching was successful?
We recognize that we are asking you for a lot of information. However, by answering the questions in your narrative letter, you will demonstrate that you understand our needs and are a good fit for this position.
If you send us a standard cover letter that describes your skills without responding to our specific needs, we will likely assume that this position is not suitable for you.