An Internal Facilitator Assessment Program
Organizations around the globe are assembling teams of facilitators to help their organizations plan and execute more effective meetings. Yet, how do you know if your team is developing? How do you assess their skills in an effort to identify gaps and advance their competencies? Would it be helpful to have a facilitator assessment program in which you can evaluate their progress as they advance in their skill level? And would it add more value if those facilitators who achieved the highest level could then be considered for external certification?
The International Institute for Facilitation (INIFAC) partners with organizations to supply an internal assessment model that provides facilitators four-levels of assessment.
The Solution: The INIFAC Partners in Facilitator Development
The International Institute for Facilitation (INIFAC) oversees the Certified Master Facilitator Program – the highest certification available for the profession. This rigorous assessment rates facilitators across six competency areas that include 30 detailed sub-competencies
Through the Partners in Facilitator Development Program, INIFAC is now offering organizations the opportunity to use the INIFAC assessment model to guide and support the development of their own people. Using the INIFAC materials, organizations can implement an internal Facilitator Development Program to assess their facilitators and track their progress through a range which extends from apprentice to advanced facilitator. Those facilitators achieving the highest assessment level are then eligible to submit their materials to INIFAC – your partner in facilitator development – for external review to qualify as Certified Master Facilitators.
The INIFAC Assessment Tools
INIFAC provides your facilitators, your administrator and your assessors with tools and expert assistance for implementing your internal Facilitator Development Program.
- The Facilitator Competency Model will form the foundation for your Facilitator Development Program. Through the six competencies and 30 sub-competencies, you will be able to assess the development of your facilitators as they achieve facilitation mastery.
- The Candidate Forms provides the instructions and on-line instruments to be used by your candidates for assessment.
- The Video Role Plays provide a series of case studies with specific roles that are designed to require the candidate to exercise the full breadth of INIFAC competencies and sub-competencies.
- The Procedures show your administrator the specific steps to take in organizing and coordinating the assessment program
- The Assessor Guides are the heart of the development program. The guides provide specific scoring guidelines for your assessors to use in assessing each of the 30 sub-competencies on a five-point scale. Separate guides are used for assessing the written submission and the video role play. These guides establish a standard of rigor to help achieve a high-level of consistency and reliability throughout the development process.
- To help you in implementing your Facilitator Development Program, you will receive Expert Assistance from a Certified Master Facilitator™ who understands the mechanisms of the program and how to guide your program implementation team through the process. Depending on the licensing option you select, the assistance will include telephone support and/or on-site assistance through the phases of the implementation process.
The Implementation Road Map
While each organization’s implementation of the Partners in Facilitator Development Program will be unique, INIFAC offers the following as a starting point for the planning, preparation and implementation activities.
The cost of licensing starts as low as $5000 per organization and includes program materials and support. And if you are an external facilitator, INIFAC extends the offer to you to work with your clients in implementing the Partners in Facilitator Development Program.