“Janice has the innate ability to lead others without their realizing they have been led, producing a true group victory.” Brett Champlin, All State
“Janice has an excellent ability to think analytically. She demonstrates creativity and balances reality. She has excellent facilitation skills to manage groups effectively and bring them to consensus.” Kevin Wyderka, Unilever
Janice Neitzel, a senior manager, core facilitator, and trainer with Leadership Strategies brings 20 years of group facilitation experience to our team. With an MBA, Janice facilitates business and non-profit leaders using methodology while leveraging group dynamics to bring the group to consensus. She has the ability to hear a client’s needs to prepare a customized approach from her toolbox of best practices. Janice combines professionalism with her enthusiastic demeanor to lead a group to simplify complex issues and implement practical solutions.
Janice has facilitated:
- Strategic Planning Retreats to determine goals and strategies in alignment with vision
- Scenario Planning using the Global Business Network method to uncover strategic opportunities
- Focus Groups for Fortune 500 companies and non-profits
- Training employees of a multinational firm in technology change management transition
- Process Reengineering of 22 functional areas to develop a comprehensive workflow for integration of a multimillion acquisition
- Database Redesign of a customer-facing inventory database providing faster, more accurate, revenue-driven website searches
- Stakeholder Engagement for food and farm non-profits, producing strategies to promote locally-grown food
Trained in consulting and project management at IBM, Janice is President and Founder of Sustainable Solutions Group and has facilitated multinationals such as BP, CNA Insurance, Discover Card, Baxter, Household International, Solo Cup, McDonalds, Sears, Levy Restaurants, and Unilever. Janice has a keen insight into understanding the culture and motivations of non-profits, and has facilitated for The Field Museum, The Art Connection, the Illinois Stewardship Alliance and more.
Janice has published “Facilitating Sustainability Strategy” on GreenBiz.com and graduated Summa cum Laude with an MBA in Sustainable Management from the Presidio School of Management in San Francisco. Janice has a B.S. in Computer Science, graduating Magna cum Laude and with University Honors from Northern Illinois University. She was named NIU Woman Student Leader and earned the Dean’s Award for the Department of Computer Science.