The Facilitative Consultant
Get the techniques you need to successfully address client needs every time!
This course provides a structured framework for consulting, with foundation techniques and client handling strategies for each stage of the consulting process. Our well-known PDI (practical, dynamic and interactive) methodology is the basis for our highly effective course format including a highly interactive case study providing the opportunity to solve a real life client problem during the course.
Download the course description
Who will benefit from this course?
Internal and external consultants and individuals whose roles require a consultative style, such as IT Managers, Project Managers, Business Analysts, HR Generalists and Sales Professionals.
What you will learn
Manage client relationships effectively and achieve results for clients. Build critical skills to increase credibility, improve communication and manage expectations. Apply the right processes through a comprehensive framework for all stages of the consulting process, from defining client needs to running a project and reviewing results.
- Listen to client requests and ask key questions to help clients discover their real needs
- Gain client confidence and maintain a trusting relationship
- Communicate effectively with clients about status, issues and challenges
- Understand your DISC communication style
- Apply strategies for working with different DISC communication styles
- Uncover the common barriers to team success and prevention strategies
- Develop and present convincing recommendations that address key client objectives
- Set appropriate expectations with client and manage them throughout the project life cycle
- Respond effectively to reasonable and unreasonable requests from clients
- Define “consulting” and the distinguishing characteristics of a Facilitative Consultant
- Supply a structured framework for the consulting process
- Provide success strategies for each stage in the consulting process
- Provide key strategies for building and maintaining strong client relationships
- Provide an opportunity for participants to exercise their skills through structured exercises and feedback sessions
Choose your format
We regularly conduct public classes that are open to individual facilitators or groups from within organizations. See the dates below for open enrollment. The course is conducted over three days and costs $2095. Please contact us or use our online chat feature for details.
With a group of eight or more people, a private class may deliver a better value. With a private class on The Facilitative Consultant, we can customize the course and bring the techniques and tools you need to conduct a virtual meeting to you, at your convenience. Find out how we can tailor this course to meet your needs.
Details coming soon…