The Engaging Trainer
Take a Facilitative Approach to Training
Take your training skills to the next level!
Great trainers do three things very well. They understand exactly what their clients need; they develop training designed to address that need; and they effectively deliver the training using approaches that motivate the audience to action. This course enables participants to revolutionize their training styles by examining their current approach through a brand new lens. Each participant will significantly improve their own ability to actively engage audiences. Bring a module from one of your courses so you can immediately apply The Engaging Trainer course strategies to your material and gain valuable feedback! Customized tools and structured practice sessions allow participants to improve presentations and deliver material using a format that achieves greater understanding and skill transfer. Participants will learn just what it takes to make their own courses practical, dynamic, and interactive!
Download the course description
Who will benefit from this course?
Training managers, independent trainers, subject matter experts called on to relate information, human resource managers, volunteer trainers, consultants, and anyone who frequently or occasionally leads training sessions and desires to increase their ability to powerfully influence group learning.
What you will learn
Transform training skills by:
- Designing training that engages any audience
- Addressing different learning styles Making training stick
- Inviting audience participation
- Managing the group’s energy
- Redirecting dysfunction
- Using facilitation techniques for effective engagement
- Delivering training that achieves results
- Define the role of the trainer and the difference between training and education
- Identify what makes for a great training session that delivers results
- Describe the underlying dynamics of session design
- Know how to plan an effective training session
- Understand the four basic learning styles and how to develop training around them
- Develop best practices related to teaching adults
- Build customized toolbox of engagement strategies
- Know how to react in the moment
- Practice and receive feedback on using these best practices with participant’s own material
- Develop a plan for updating or incorporating the techniques in their existing training curriculum
Choose your format
We regularly conduct public classes that are open to individual facilitators or groups from within organizations. See the dates below for open enrollment. The course is conducted over three days and costs $2095.
Private classes are fully customizable, taught at your location, and provide the best value for groups of 10 or more. Contact us for more information about scheduling a private class.
*If you have fewer than 10 people, but still desire a personalized, private learning experience, consider collaborating with other departments in your organization or other organizations near you.
Details coming soon…