Who will benefit from this course?
- Training managers
- Independent trainers
- Subject matter experts
- Human resource managers
- Volunteer trainers
- Relate information to groups
- Frequently or occasionally lead training sessions
- Increase their ability to powerfully influence group learning.
What you will learn
Transform training skills by:
- Designing training that engages any audience
- Addressing different learning styles Making training stick
- Inviting audience participation
- Managing the group’s energy
- Redirecting dysfunction
- Using facilitation techniques for effective engagement
- Delivering training that achieves results
- Define the role of the trainer and the difference between training and education
- Identify what makes for a great training session that delivers results
- Describe the underlying dynamics of session design
- Know how to plan an effective training session
- Understand the four basic learning styles and how to develop training around them
- Develop best practices related to teaching adults
- Build customized toolbox of engagement strategies
- Know how to react in the moment
- Practice and receive feedback on using these best practices with participant’s own material
- Develop a plan for updating or incorporating the techniques in their existing training curriculum
No Facilitation Training Course Offers You More!
You get ALL of this when you take The Effective Facilitator:
- Participant workbook covering 10 principles and over 100 techniques
- 10 detailed agenda models
- 6 practice sessions (accompanied with a exercise packet containing sample case studies)
- Recording of you facilitating a practice session*
- The Monthly Touch (now included at no additional cost) – online monthly course to keep you refreshed on the course material
- Spring Forward – a 60-day check-in to confirm your progress and how you’re implementing your learning
- The Maximizer – a communication covering one of the course techniques each month
- 1 copy of The Secrets of Facilitation, 2nd ed., written by our CEO, Michael Wilkinson
PMI Credential Holders: Earn PDUs with The Effective Facilitator, a pre-approved Registered Education Provider activity! PDUs for The Effective Facilitator:
24.00 PMP/PgMP 24.00 PMI-ACP 2.50 PMI-SP 1.25 PMI-RMP
Recommended Additional Training
The Effective Facilitator: Virtual Link (NEW!) Get the advantage early – master the techniques you’ll learn from The Effective Facilitator virtually in just one extra day of learning.
Why Our Facilitation Training Course Works
Unlike other facilitation training courses, The Effective Facilitator devotes 80% of its curriculum to learning and practicing the group techniques that separate great facilitators from good ones. We focus on critical skills such as consensus building, keeping the group focused, generating energy, managing dysfunction and gaining agreement.
Our branded approach to training, The PDI Difference, ensures results through: Practical techniques, Dynamic, high energy instructors, and Interactive exercises and practice sessions. To date, over 95% of attendees have rated this course as THE BEST or ONE OF THE BEST courses they’ve ever taken!
4 Days $2695
Private classes are fully customizable, taught at your location, and provide the best value for groups of 10 or more. Contact us for more information about scheduling a private class.
*If you have fewer than 10 people, but still desire a personalized, private learning experience, consider collaborating with other departments in your organization or other organizations near you.
Details coming soon…
Find a class date & location.
Please note both live and virtual classes are available.
Aug 31 – Sep 3 – Boston, MA
Sep 14 – Sep 17 – Washington, D.C.
Sep 21 – Sep 24 – Atlanta, GA
Sep 21 – Sep 24 – Denver, CO
Sep 28 – Oct 1 – Washington, D.C.
Sep 28 – Oct 1 – Seattle, WA
Oct 12 – Oct 15 – Las Vegas, NV
Oct 19 – Oct 22 – Atlanta, GA
Oct 26 – Oct 29 – Washington, D.C.
Oct 26 – Oct 29 – Chicago, IL
Nov 2 – Nov 5 – Washington, D.C.
Nov 16 – Nov 19 – Atlanta, GA
Dec 7 – Dec 10 – Dallas, TX
Dec 7 – Dec 10 – Atlanta, GA
Dec 14 – Dec 17 – Washington, D.C.
Jul 6 – Jul 9 – Virtual
Aug 3 – Aug 6 – Virtual
Sep 25 – Sep 25 – Virtual
Dec 4 – Dec 4 – Virtual