Content Marketing Specialist
Are you ready to learn from a leader in the industry?
Leadership Strategies, the nation’s leader in providing professional facilitators and group facilitation training, is seeking a Content Marketing Specialist with proven skills in producing business results to join our growing Marketing team. This is a hybrid role with approximately 90% remote work and a monthly mandatory in office meeting day.
We are the nation’s leader in providing professional facilitators and facilitation training to corporate, government, and non-profit organizations. Our facilitators lead executive retreats, strategy sessions, focus groups, conferences, and other group sessions. Through our flagship training course, The Effective Facilitator, we have trained more people in facilitation skills than any other organization in the US. We also provide training classes in consulting skills, presentation skills, leadership, and other areas.
The overall goal of our marketing team is to present our organization and our capabilities in a way that leads to a steady stream of highly qualified leads for our training and consulting services. The successful candidate will report to the Marketing Director and will serve both as an orchestrator and a direct contributor to marketing initiatives.
The successful candidate for our Content Marketing Specialist will have a proven history of displaying specific clearly defined core competencies:
1. Collaboration. As the leading facilitation company in the nation, we are highly collaborative in our decision-making, believe strongly that great ideas can come from anywhere in the company, and therefore place a premium on giving opportunities for input. If you enjoy making decisions on your own and find it bothersome to hear the input of others, you will not find a comfortable home here.
2. Coachable learner. No one is perfect. We find that people are better when they recognize the areas in which they need to improve. If you can’t identify one or two areas you are working on improving right now, or if you are afraid to admit mistakes you’ve made in the past and what you learned from them, or if you can’t name any changes you have made based on feedback you have received, we are not the right environment for you.
3. Drive for Achievement. Our Content Marketing Specialist will have an exceptional level of motivation, energy and drive. We are a small but mighty Marketing team and we’re focused on extremely high levels of achievement. So, we need every member of our team focused on their own personal and professional success. We are the right place for team members who enjoy working hard, accomplishing big things, collaborating and gaining insights from others, and developing their skills.
We are looking for a talented content creator to write and produce singular emails, email campaigns and various content to be used across our website, social media, and webinars in order to expand our company’s digital footprint, awareness, subscribers, and leads. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
- Participate in the development and own the tactical execution of content marketing initiatives that drive traffic, engagement, and leads to deliver sales and customer retention
- Build and manage a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our owned properties
- Plan, write, edit, and distribute content marketing and communications materials as assigned. This includes but is not limited to: email communications, webinars, website updates, web content development, email communications, product factsheets, blog posts, whitepapers, e-books brochures, case studies, newsletter emails, social media posts, and other material as requested.
- Develop and manage highly effective email campaign automations
- Manage marketing lists and appropriate audience segmentation
- Create and plan social media posts
- Produce high-quality content internally or with the help of agency partners relevant to specific business segments including vertical markets, buyer personas, and stages along the customer journey.
- Take responsibility for proofing, editing, copywriting, quality assurance, and optimization of offline and online content, marketing campaigns, and brand messaging in accordance with corporate standards.
- Maintain and manage project schedules, approvals, and resource plans to ensure projects are delivered in a timely manner and within budget.
- Continually audit and update web and collateral content as product or company information changes.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and changes with SEO and major search engines.
- Other special projects as assigned
- Education: B.A. or B.S. in Communications/Journalism/Marketing or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Three to five years of experience in communications and/or content marketing. B2B and B2C knowledge desired.
- Specific Skills: Detailed copywriter, Google Suite, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, WordPress, Hootsuite, Canva, Adobe InDesign, Asana/Freedcamp (or similar PM tracker)
- Experience with ClickDimensions and Microsoft Dynamics CRM a plus.
Our ideal candidate will have the following characteristics, with the first five being the most critical for success in this position.
- Excellent written, oral, and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Ability to manage multiple competing tasks and projects while meeting related deadlines and budget targets.
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
- Ability to contribute to the creative process and development of content marketing strategies.
- Strong conceptual thinker with an editorial mindset that seeks to understand what content audiences want/consume and how to create it.
- Assist with capturing and integrating the voice of the customer into marketing communications projects..
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Send to email@example.com your resume AND a cover letter that responds to the following items:
- Work Experience: Indicate your number of years of experience in an organization under $15 million in revenue.
- Marketing Areas: Indicate which two marketing areas from the position description you are best suited to EXECUTE with little guidance :- Acquisition and management of conference speaking opportunities (unpaid/paid)
– Copywriting and editing
– Email marketing, content marketing and newsletters
– Marketing collateral design and development
– Search engine optimization, web marketing, web analytics
– Social media
– Webinar management
– Website management
- Coachable Learner: Tell us about a change you have made in the past two years in the way you work based on feedback you received from a manager or mentor.
We recognize that we are asking you for a lot of information. However, by answering the questions in your cover letter, you will demonstrate that you understand our needs and are a good fit for this position.