Creative Marketing Intern
Leadership Strategies – The Facilitation Company is seeking a Marketing Intern with a creative edge to join our growing Marketing Team.
A. General Description
We are the nation’s leader in providing professional facilitators and facilitation skills training to corporate, government and non-profit organizations. Our facilitators lead executive retreats, strategy sessions, focus groups, conferences and other group sessions. Through our flagship training course, The Effective Facilitator, we have trained more people in facilitation skills than any other organization in the US. We also provide training classes in consulting skills, presentation skills, leadership and other areas.
The overall goal of this internship is gaining hands on experience within the full spectrum marketing plan of a small organization. You will be provided with a wealth of knowledge and inspiration, gaining insight through working alongside the marketing team. You will be able to hone your skills and begin your career in marketing – you will be able to get heard and have your ideas vetted and developed. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Marketing and will work closely with the entire Marketing Team to provide a creative edge to our social media strategy and email campaigns.
The successful candidate will have the drive and capability of displaying certain clearly defined core competencies.
- Collaboration. As the leading facilitation company in the nation, we are highly collaborative in our decision-making, believe strongly that great ideas can come from anywhere in the company, and therefore place a premium on giving opportunities for input. If you enjoy making decisions on your own and find it bothersome to hear the input of others, you will not find a comfortable home here.
- Coachable learner. No one is perfect. We find that people are better when they recognize the areas in which they need to improve. If you can’t identify one or two areas you are working on improving right now, or if you are afraid to admit mistakes you’ve made in the past and what you learned from them, or if you can’t name any changes you have made based on feedback you have received, we are not the right environment for you.
- Drive for Achievement and Growth. You will have an exceptional level of motivation, energy and drive. We are a small but growing organization and we’re focused on extremely high levels of achievement. We are the right place for team members who enjoy working hard, accomplishing big things, collaborating and gaining insights from others, and developing their skills.
We are looking for a talented, motivated individual who is a current or recent college graduate and can make a consistent time commitment (at least 20 hours per week). This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and communication skills. Those who are successful in this position will have the opportunity to work on additional projects specific to their skillset.
- Support marketing campaign planning and execution.
- Write copy for social media posts and other marketing collateral.
- Assist in the creation of written, video, and image content for social media marketing channels. Should be fluent in Canva.
- Assist in the design and creation of graphics for emails, webinars and ad hoc marketing collateral
- Assist with the creation of concepts, campaigns, and imagery to effectively communicate messages to target markets
- Maintain details of social media campaign performance – report to the director of marketing weekly on deliverables
- Participate in marketing brainstorming sessions.
- Assist in the management of website SEO.
- Measure and report the results of marketing initiatives
- Help optimize existing marketing automation and lead database
- Monitor and respond to inquiries that come in via our social media channels
- Perform any administrative activities to support the marketing team, including updating google sheets/docs & CRM records
- Weekly check-ins with the Marketing Director and Daily huddles with the Marketing Manager
This is a remote role with potential for in person meetings once a month. We are only considering GA based applicants. Length of internship and weekly hours can range depending on needs, we are hiring immediately but the financial plan is based on the semester. There is opportunity to work longer than the semester for the right candidate.
- Education: Pursuing B.A. or B.S. in Marketing, Communications, or Digital Design
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Suite Experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM a plus.
- Knowledge of social media
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with Canva
Skills and Characteristics:
- Exceptional organizational, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Deep understanding of and interest in Social Media
- Proficient Skills or ability to quickly learn to use Google Applications, project management tools, and CRM (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changing/competing priorities
- Able to take initiative and work independently in a fast-paced environment – we have active communication, but you must be comfortable with working on your own
- Enjoys learning and continually seeking new ways to grow personally and professionally.
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Ability to collaborate and work well within a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org your resume, 3-5 examples of social media posts that you created, AND a brief letter that responds to the following item:
Describe your experience (education or workplace) in marketing. Speak into what your strengths are as it relates to digital and/or traditional marketing strategies. Share what you would like to gain from this internship – areas that you would like to have as a focus of development.
We recognize that we are asking you for a lot of information. However, by answering the questions in your narrative letter, you will demonstrate that you understand our needs and are a good fit for this position.