The Effective Facilitator
Our Flagship Course
The first Course Accredited by The International Institute of Facilitation (INIFAC) for Covering the 30 Certified Master Facilitator™ (CMF) Competencies.
Learn the techniques our facilitators use to achieve amazing results through groups!
How do you get groups to develop workable, realistic solutions? Our flagship facilitation training course delivers the tools and techniques you can use immediately! We show you how to motivate a group, build consensus, manage dysfunction, maintain focus, generate ownership and inspire to action.
Download the course description
Why Take The Effective Facilitator?
Are you thinking about taking The Effective Facilitator but are not sure it is the right course for you? Well, watch and listen as our founder counts down what our clients say are the top six reasons to take this course.
Who will benefit from this course?
- Sales Professionals
- Lead a task force
- Establish a strategic direction
- Run better meetings
- Get a business process operating effectively
- Establish performance objectives
- Work through conflict/internal strife
- Define the specific needs of a user community
What you will learn
Get groups to develop and agree upon workable, realistic plans or solutions to issues. Gain the tools and techniques to: create a vision that motivates people to action, engage groups in developing solutions and generate ownership that leads to results. Learn a comprehensive approach top facilitators use to prepare for success, get a session started, focus the group, use (not abuse) the power of the pen, gather information, manage dysfunction, build consensus, maintain high energy, close the session, and construct customized agendas.
- Define the role of a facilitator
- Identify the key facilitation principles
- Describe the best practices related to each principle
- Provide students with facilitation practice and performance feedback
*A 3-day streamlined version of this course is also available. The powerful, videotaped exercise is excluded.
No Facilitation Training Course Offers You More!
You get ALL of this when you take The Effective Facilitator:
- Participant workbook covering 10 principles and over 100 techniques
- 10 detailed agenda models
- 6 practice sessions (accompanied with a exercise packet containing sample case studies)
- Recording of you facilitating a practice session*
- The Monthly Touch (now included at no additional cost) – online monthly course to keep you refreshed on the course material
- Spring Forward – a 60-day check-in to confirm your progress and how you’re implementing your learning
- The Maximizer – a communication covering one of the course techniques each month
- 1 copy of The Secrets of Facilitation, 2nd ed., written by our CEO, Michael Wilkinson
PMI Credential Holders: Earn PDUs with The Effective Facilitator, a pre-approved Registered Education Provider activity!
PDUs for The Effective Facilitator
Recommended Additional Training – The Effective Facilitator: Virtual Link (NEW!) Get the advantage early – master the techniques you’ll learn from The Effective Facilitator virtually in just one extra day of learning.
Why Our Facilitation Training Course Works
Unlike other facilitation training courses, The Effective Facilitator devotes 80% of its curriculum to learning and practicing the group techniques that separate great facilitators from good ones. We focus on critical skills such as consensus building, keeping the group focused, generating energy, managing dysfunction and gaining agreement.
Our branded approach to training, The PDI Difference, ensures results through: Practical techniques, Dynamic, high energy instructors, and Interactive exercises and practice sessions. To date, over 95% of attendees have rated this course as THE BEST or ONE OF THE BEST courses they’ve ever taken!
Want a sneak peek at this class? View the “Introduction to Facilitating Groups” webinar now!
Register to attend the FREE web seminar!
Choose your format
4 Days $2695
Private classes are fully customizable, taught at your location, and provide the best value for groups of 10 or more. Contact us for more information about scheduling a private class.
*If you have fewer than 10 people, but still desire a personalized, private learning experience, consider collaborating with other departments in your organization or other organizations near you.
Details coming soon…
2020 Public Classes
Mar 9 – 12
Jul 13 – 16
Oct 26 – 29
Jan 13 – 16
Jun 22 – 25
Dec 7 – 10