Making Technical Meetings Work
Transform technical meetings into focused and highly effective forums!
For many, meetings are viewed as a dreaded evil to be avoided at all costs; and technical meetings, with their intense, detail focus, are dreaded even more. Raise the bar on the quality of technical meetings with specific techniques that get results!
- 5 Ps of Preparation
- Starting with Impact
- Managing Dysfunction
- Building Consensus
- Special Topic: Learn why technical meetings are more difficult and discover specific strategies for making technical meetings work!
Who will benefit from this course?
- Technical Managers
- Systems Planners
- Project Leaders
- System Analysts
- Improve Leadership Skills
- Enhance IT-Relevant Results
What you will learn
Raise the bar on the quality of technical meetings with a complete framework and specific techniques for addressing key barriers to focus, productivity and efficient use of time.
- Distinguish the types of meetings and when to use each type
- Recognize the qualities of an effective technical meeting
- Discover the most important component of a meeting
- Develop a results-driven agenda
- Keep technical meetings on track and focused
- Effectively deal with dysfunctional behavior
- Lead a technical group to trade in frustration for agreement and commitment
Why it Works
This special one-day course takes the jewels from The Effective Facilitator and provides a complete framework for highly effective technical meetings. Starting with an understanding of the common problems with technical meetings, the course presents a vision of great meetings and provides specific techniques that you can use right away for improving your technical meetings. Our energetic instructors use our PDI process (practical, dynamic and interactive) to keep you engaged and the class highly interactive.
With a group of eight or more people, a private class may deliver a better value. With a private class on Making Technical Meetings Work, we can customize the course and bring the techniques and tools you need to conduct a virtual meeting to you, at your convenience. Find out how we can tailor this course to meet your needs.
Details coming soon…