Secrets to Facilitating Strategy
Learn the key techniques for leading a group through the strategic planning process!
This course provides a detailed understanding of each of the building blocks that make up a strategic plan and strategies for facilitating teams through the strategic planning process. A PDI (practical, dynamic and interactive) approach provides practical step-by-step direction including a road map for constructing a strategic plan for your organization and tips for judging the quality of each component of your plan, dynamic instruction from carefully selected energetic facilitators, and interactive practice sessions including in-class exercises and team breakout sessions to reinforce your learning.
Who will benefit from this course?
- Professional Facilitators
- Organizational Leaders
- Representatives Of All Types Of For Proft/Non Profit Organizations
- Government Agencies
- Develop Viable Action Plans
- Accomplishing Growth Objectives
- Improve Current Processes
What you will learn
- Provide a clear picture of the key components of a strategic plan and the steps in the strategic planning process
- Provide guidelines for developing a strategic plan and evaluating its quality
- Review the techniques for facilitating a team through the strategic planning process
- Identifying the key tips and pitfalls to avoid
- Provide practice opportunities to employ the techniques
- Part I – 1- 2 hours to learn the strategy model
- Part II – Three Days
Part I: Learn Effective Strategic Planning
Since there is a considerable amount of content involved in the strategy model and our focus will be on the facilitation, we require participants prior to coming to class to become knowledgeable in the strategy model by doing the following:
- Review the strategy model content (this will be provided upon registration via email).
- Take the certifying test and return it to Leadership Strategies for scoring using this email address. You must score a minimum of 70% on the certifying test. You may take the certifying test as often as you would like, but it is essential that you score 70% or above at least 24 hours prior to the class.
Note: Students unable to complete the pre-work 24 hours prior to class will likely be required to reschedule for another class date.
If you have questions about the pre-work, please contact our office at 770.454.1440.
Choose Your Format
Find a class date & location.
Please note both live and virtual classes are available.