The Effective Facilitator: Virtual Link
Add to Our Flagship Course
The demand for virtual meetings has increased, and so has the need for virtual meeting skills. Meeting leaders are faced with significant challenges of keeping virtual meetings productive.
Specifically designed for individuals who have completed training in The Effective Facilitator, this course unveils the engagement tools and techniques you need to make your virtual meetings more productive – even from behind a screen or speaker. You will be taken through each of the 10 principles you learned in The Effective Facilitator with instruction on how to apply the skills virtually and with hands-on engagement. The same proven methodology you learned to apply in your face-to-face meetings are adapted to the virtual environment so that your remote meetings will be just as successful. In just one day, you will walk away with the preparation and confidence to use your virtual facilitation skills immediately. Our instructors promise the same Practical, Dynamic, Interactive approach – our “PDI Difference” – you experienced in The Effective Facilitator.
Prerequisite Course: The Effective Facilitator
Download the course description
Who will benefit from this course?
- Managers, Executives, Facilitators, Trainers, Consultants, Sales Professionals, Analysts
- Individuals who need to lead a global or remote task force, establish strategic direction among dispersed groups, run better virtual meetings, get a business process operating efficiently, establish performance objectives, and/or work through conflict/internal strife in virtual environments
- Meeting leaders who use WebEx, Adobe Connect, Microsoft Live Meeting, GoToMeeting, or any other web conferencing tool. NOTE: This course is taught using the Microsoft Live Meeting software application.
What you will learn
This course will help you transform your virtual meetings. At the end of the training, you will know how to:
- Transform your virtual sessions to feel like they’re face-to-face
- Resolve disagreement with fewer challenges in the virtual environment
- Identify the unique roles needed to navigate through virtual meetings and how to fulfill them
- Address special cases of virtual meetings, where you or others may be the only ones remote
- Give your participants the “virtual pen” and other tools to maximize engagement
- Differentiate how to apply the Type B question virtually
- Prepare your meeting “room” for success
One Day (Online – Microsoft Office Live Meeting)
This is the agenda for public classes. For private classes, the agenda may be tailored to meet participants’ specific needs.
Power of the Pen
Keeping the Energy High
Review & Close
Choose your format
We regularly conduct public classes that are open to individual facilitators or groups from within organizations. The course is conducted over one day and costs $895.
2019 Public Classes
2020 Public Classes
With a larger group, a private class may deliver a better value. With a private class we’ll customize the course and bring the techniques and tools you need to conduct a virtual meeting to you, at your convenience. Find out how we can tailor this course to meet your needs.
Details coming soon…
Policy on Multiple Viewers
It is our intent that only one individual participate in our web-based courses per single registration. Also, to receive the full value of this course, we recommend that each registered individual participate on separate computers.
When you register for this online course, we will send you a web link that you’ll use to join the session. This link is tied directly to the email address you specify when registering, and, therefore, can only be used by a single person. Also, only one workbook will be provided per single registration.
We do recognize that on occasion a participant’s screen may be viewed by more than one person. Therefore, as a company policy, we permit up to five people to view our web-based courses from a single screen.
If you or your organization would like to have more than five people view our web-based courses from the same or multiple screens, or, if you wish to have more than one electronic or hard copy of the course workbook, please contact one of our Leadership Strategies client relationship managers for special pricing or purchase additional individual registrations online.