What is The PDI Difference?
People often ask us, what makes us different. When you’ve experienced a Leadership Strategies facilitated meeting or training class, you will know. We call it the PDI difference. Practical, Dynamic and Interactive.
Practical— We convert abstract concepts like facilitation and relationship management into detailed, step-by-step techniques for success. We not only tell participants what techniques work, we show them how they work, why they work, and when and where to use them.
Dynamic– Most people comment that our facilitators bring a high level of energy to their work. Through their dynamic facilitation style, they are able to maintain the group’s interest, participation and learning.
Interactive– We keep our sessions highly interactive. Participants are constantly engaged during the session in large group or small group activity. This high level of interaction increase focus, buy-in and learning transfer.
PRACTICAL…methods that will produce results
1. In our facilitation we use:
Our 5 P's model, designed to ensure our understanding of your Purpose, desired Product, Participants, and Probable issues in order to create a Process that delivers
Highly detailed and structured planning models as a comprehensive baseline for developing a realistic process to meet your needs for strategic planning, process improvement, issue resolution
Facilitators that are trained in the 10 Principles of Facilitation and are well versed in the 100+ techniques for achieving amazing results with groups
Flexible techniques for incorporating regular adjustments to plan as new information is revealed during facilitated sessions
Relationship managers who conduct follow-up with you to ensure your needs are met
2. In our training we:
Use specific techniques to take "touchy-feely" concepts, like facilitation and relationship management, and isolate the detailed, step-by-step strategies for success.
Tell participants what techniques work, we show them how they work, why they work, and when and where to use them
Break the most difficult concepts down to their critical elements to make learning and application that much easier.
Provide useful techniques you can apply immediately and refer back to over and over again for valuable guidance in addressing work situations
DYNAMIC…Energy that keeps you engaged!
You can expect:
- Facilitators that are trained to begin sessions with level 3 energy – immediately energizing the topic and engaging participants!
- Standard use of the WII-FM technique to excite participants by letting them know What's In It For Me.
Use of a variety of unique techniques purposefully selected and used to maintain the energetic environment. These include :
- Resetting the energy level following breaks
- Establishing a recharge activity
- Employing praise
- Varying engagement methods
- Use of applause
INTERACTIVE…proven methods for successful integration and application
In our facilitation we:
- Group your people into teams from the beginning of the session, stimulating collaboration, interaction and creating of solutions.
- Use the secret of the starting question with each agenda item to get your group ready, involved and interacting from the beginning
In our training we use:
- Practice sessions to ensure real learning. Numerous structured opportunities, including grouping of participants into working teams, to exercise the techniques taught and receive feedback.
- Backward buildup – constant engagement of teams with content specific questions and interventions
- Creative review processes – such as mock versions of "Jeopardy" and "Family Feud" to increase interaction and retention even further. Multi-day classes, provide each participant several opportunities to practice the techniques, receive detailed feedback, and apply the feedback in follow-up sessions. Past participants tell us they retain so much more information from our workshops because they are constantly engaged in interactive, skill-building activities.