Sales Development Representative
Are you ready to work for the leader in the facilitation industry?
Leadership Strategies – The Facilitation Company is seeking a Sales Development Representative (SDR) with proven skills to join our growing Sales team.
We are the nation’s leader in providing professional facilitators and facilitation skills training to corporate, government and non-profit organizations. Our facilitators lead executive retreats, strategy sessions, focus groups, conferences and other group sessions. Through our flagship training course, The Effective Facilitator, we have trained more people in facilitation skills than any other organization in the US. We also provide training classes in consulting skills, presentation skills, leadership and other areas.
The overall goal of the SDR function is to identify and create qualified leads that will turn into sales opportunities for our Client Executive sales team to convert into successful customers. The successful candidate will report to the Vice President of Sales and will work closely with the Marketing Team and the Sales Team in follow up to Marketing and Sales driven campaigns.
The successful candidate for our Sales Development Representative position will have a proven history of displaying certain clearly defined core competencies.
- Collaboration. As the leading facilitation company in the nation, we are highly collaborative in our decision-making, believe strongly that great ideas can come from anywhere in the company, and therefore place a premium on giving opportunities for input. If you enjoy making decisions on your own, and find it bothersome to hear the input of others, you will not find a comfortable home here.
- Coachable learner. No one is perfect. We find that people are better when they recognize the areas in which they need to improve. If you can’t identify one or two areas you are working on improving right now, or if you are afraid to admit mistakes you’ve made in the past and what you learned from them, or if you can’t name any changes you have made based on feedback you have received, we are not the right environment for you.
- Drive for Achievement and Growth. Our Sales Development Representative will have an exceptional level of motivation, energy and drive. We are a small but growing organization and we’re focused on extremely high levels of achievement. We have a high performance sales culture and we need every member of our team focused on their own personal and professional success as well as the success of the team. We are the right place for team members who enjoy working hard, accomplishing big things, collaborating and gaining insights from others, and developing their skills.
We are looking for a talented, motivated individual to execute inbound and outbound lead activity on specific Marketing and Sales Drip campaigns, execute outbound prospecting calls to target and client accounts, qualify leads, and generate first appointment conversations for the Client Executives. This person will also have responsibility for selling registrations to our open enrollment Public Class workshops.
A key component to success will be the ability to conduct business dealings in a way that creates a superior prospect experience that will set the stage for effective sales follow-up, as well as future product sales. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and communication skills. Those who are successful in this position have the opportunity over time to be considered for one of our other sales team roles.
- Qualifying leads from marketing campaigns as potential sales opportunities and setting first meetings or calls for Client Executives (CE’s).
- Qualifying leads from CE specific email campaigns as potential sales opportunities and setting first meetings or calls for the appropriate CEs.
- Disseminate leads to appropriate CE, educating them as necessary about the potential opportunity.
- Prospect, educate, qualify, and develop clients and potential clients through cold calls and emails to create sales-ready leads and opportunities
- Identify leads that should continue to be nurtured through drip marketing campaigns
- Identify client needs and areas of potential interest.
- Proactively reach out to Webinar registrants and participants who are not active leads and create and close Public Class Seat opportunities.
- Respond to Public Class leads that are assigned to them, convert to opportunities and close as sales.
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections.
- Conduct follow up calls on workshop attendees to determine their level of satisfaction with the training and identify future training opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for and strategize approaches to successfully attain greater reach.
- Perform any administrative activities to support the sales team, including timely updating of engagement summaries and tracking all activities in the CRM system.
- Meet and exceed sales and business development goals as established by management.
- Attend trade shows, increase skills through training, moderate webinars, attend association meetings of facilitators and other outside activities as your manager deems beneficial.
- Report to the Vice President of Sales on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) results.
- Education: B.A. or B.S. in Marketing, Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years business experience. Proven work experience as a B2B Business Development Representative, Sales Development Representative or similar role is a plus but not required
- B2B Inside/Telephone sales experience is a plus but not required
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM a plus.
Skills and Characteristics:
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Ability to ENTHUSIASTICALLY ENGAGE people in conversation by asking questions to identify their goals and needs.
- Be positively persistent. If rejection is a problem for you, this is not the place.
- Ability to manage multiple competing tasks.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Comfortable with high (50-60) outbound call volume
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- The highest level of integrity.
- Strong customer, entrepreneurial, quality, and results orientation.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail in follow up.
- Ability to collaborate and work well within a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
To apply send your resume AND a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org that responds to the below items. Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
- Self-Starter – Tell us about a time or situation where your success came largely from being a self-starter. Be specific about the things that, if you not initiated them on your own, would have made it difficult to succeed.
- Engaging Clients – We would like to get an idea of your ability to engage prospects over the phone. Choose a product that you have sold in the past or, if you have no previous sales experience, a major item (car, golf clubs, musical instrument, etc) that you have purchased recently. Give us the 2 – 5 sentences you would use if you were contacting a prospect for the first time about that product.
- Coachable learner – Tell us about a change you have made in the past two years in the way you sell, based on feedback you have received.
- Experience – Describe your experience, if any in the areas of sales, inside sales, sales or business development, lead generation, etc. described above. If you have no sales experience, describe your business experience that you believe makes you a good fit for this position.
We recognize that we are asking you for a lot of information. However, by answering the questions in your narrative letter, you will demonstrate that you understand our needs and are a good fit for this position.