How do you transform a team of technical experts into trusted advisors?
People with strong technical abilities all too often lack the softer people skills to be viewed as true partners and advisors to their clients. How many times have you seen technical experts use language that leaves their audience even more confused? How many times have you seen clients get upset at a technician who didn’t manage their expectations, didn’t bother to ask questions about their business, or seemed more interested in using the latest technology rather than understanding and addressing the client’s real need?
A trusted advisor knows the importance of relationship management and takes specific steps to build trust, understand the need, speak the client’s language, manage expectations, and deliver on what is promised.
It takes more than technical expertise to navigate these challenges. Our course, The Facilitative Consultant, helps your teams build the soft skills to ensure every project runs smoothly and successfully. Attendees will learn:
- A consulting process you can immediately apply
- Techniques to gain confidence and build trust
- How to manage difficult conversations, listen effectively and respond to requests
- Communication strategies for developing and presenting recommendations
- Tools to uncover needs, articulate project scope and get buy-in to ensure on-time delivery
Ask yourself – how much more could your team accomplish with these skills?